Boiler Service Edinburgh
Are you looking to get your boiler serviced in Edinburgh? We can guide you through what to expect! As a local Plumbing & Heating Engineer in Edinburgh we have carried out our fair share of boiler services, and our engineers are highly experienced in this area. Get in touch with your boiler service Edinburgh experts today!
When Should I Get My Boiler Serviced?
Boilers should ideally get serviced once a year as a minimum in order to maintain the health of your boiler. Doing so can help to extend the lifespan of your boiler, as any faults will be spotted and can be remedied before they get any worse.
Why Should I Get My Boiler Serviced?
Your boiler is a complex appliance that requires regular maintenance from professional Gas-Safe engineers in order to keep it functioning optimally. Rather than seeing a boiler service as a solution for any faults, it should be seen as more of a health check that helps to minimise the risk of any costly repairs needing carried out.
What Does a Boiler Service Include?
- Visual check of the appliance for corrosion and signs of wear.
- Remove the front casing to check the function of the primary components.
- Check the operation of boiler controls and thermostats.
- Carry out a gas pressure test.
- Conduct a Flue Gas Analysis test which will tell us how safe the gases are inside the flue.
- Clean boiler parts where necessary ie condensate trap and or the magnetic filter
How Do I Benefit From a Boiler Service?
- Improved efficiency which can lead to lower energy bills
- It can keep you out the cold especially in the Winter months with improved reliability
- It is mandatory to comply with the manufacturers warranty
- It can save your life! Carbon monoxide poisoning is more common than you think – regular maintenance can eliminate this.
Commonly Asked Questions:
How long does a boiler service take?
Not long at all! Usually, boiler services don’t take any longer than an hour, however it depends on several factors such as the age and condition of the boiler etc.
How much does a boiler service cost?
It varies per company, however our costs start at £60.
What happens if you find any boiler faults during the service?
Unless the fault poses a danger to your health, your engineer will be able to give you a quote/advice for any remedial works required. If, however, the fault is serious, then your engineer will need to carry out immediate repair works and will advise you of the costs accordingly.
Will I get paperwork after the boiler has been serviced?
If your boiler is under warranty you will require a certificate and will also need the service checklist to be filled out by your engineer in the manufacturer’s instructions.
Contact Us Today To Get Your
Boiler Service Edinburgh!